Friday, June 27, 2008

A touch of normal

Going to work was a bit like going back to school after having the summer off- you can't wait to see all your friends but you don't miss the work. I loved seeing everyone and they gave me such a warm welcome. It doesn't feel as though I have been gone for 6 months- maybe that is my own denial that I just went through some major life changing events. I am eager to figure out how I am going to handle work, motherhood, and life appreciation going forward. That is going to be my struggle. My surgeon called yesterday and said that the lymph nodes that they took out were benign and that there is no invasive cancer in the tissue. She did mention that they saw some abnormal cells in the duct- not sure what that means but will meet with her next week. She was really happy with the results and confirmed that there would be no more surgery.
Hopefully, Wes and Alexandra have a good day together. Both are sick again....I am not sure what is going on there. Alex slept poorly last night and so Wes totally stepped up to take care of her even though he had gone to bed with a fever. Something has to be causing his illness....

No comments: