Monday, June 16, 2008

Great wedding

The wedding of Michelle and Ryan this weekend was beautiful. They got married in a super cute church and had a beautiful reception. It did rain during the day on Saturday but it really was no big deal. The reception was outside and by the time the wedding party was introduced, the rain had stopped. Michelle was perhaps the lowest stress bride I have seen. She had her bridesmaids wear black dresses of their choosing and it really turned out quite nice. I have attached a beautiful picture of the couple.

I felt really good all weekend. It was weird to not have Alexandra with us...we have now transitioned to classifying ourselves as parents and without the baby we were a bit weirded out. Friday night was the reception with great food and drink. Wes and I were both so tired afterwards that we went to bed early. The next day I found out that the bridal party was up until after 1am...and I went to bed at 10. So I felt a bit lame. The day was packed with going to the bridal salon and getting ready. I had an awesome mani/pedi because I have no hair to worry about. The lack of hair did make me a bit sad...I don't think that I look particularly good in my wig (many tell me otherwise) and so I just don't feel I look like myself. This is a picture of Wes and me in the church. I didn't let my appearance mess with our good time though...I danced and had a great time. It was really nice to have fun...I need to do more of that. I can't say enough great things about the couple. They are just the most genuine people- warm, funny, caring and awesome friends. I seem to have a lot of people that fit that description in my life these days- I am truly lucky.

1 comment:

Jen Marr said...

You both look amazing!