Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Feeling Better...Looking Better


Alexandra is now through peas and oatmeal with no allergic reaction. She has gotten the concept of opening her mouth when presented with the spoon. It is pretty cool. Wes is much better at feeding her than I am. You wouldn't think it is that difficult, but he has a way of getting the food in there quickly and she doesn't seem to spit it back out as much as when I try and feed her.

Speaking of eating, we are on a diet. Specifically, my sister, her boyfriend Bob, Wes and I are trying to eat healthier. Now some might remember that this is pretty much how Wes and I used to eat. Well then I got the whole cancer thing and was pretty annoyed that in spite of eating well, I got cancer anyway. So for a while there it was pretty much eat whatever sounded good. That had an effect on our waistlines. With chemo wrapping up, we figured we could re-focus our diet. I am happy to say that after a week, the four of us have lost a combined 21 pounds. That speaks really highly of how we have dedicated ourselves to eating well and to how out of control our diets were. We have a long way to go but we keep each other motivated to keep going. I am happy to say that I have lost some inches around my stomach and plan to look darn good in my bridesmaid's dress this weekend. We will keep providing updates on how we are doing with the weight loss- it will keep us all motivated!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's probably good for you guys to have another "project" now that you're not worrying so much about chemo appointments and things like that. And now that your daughter is a grown-up and eating solid food, well, you're practically empty-nesters!

(Rock 'n' Roll!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, even between 4 people 21 pounds is impressive! Yea, guys and girls!