Friday, June 20, 2008

The Road to Predictable...


Many seasoned parents will tell you that day care is a cesspool of unavoidable germs and illness that will have your child sick within a matter of days. These people are worry-warts, negative Nancys, and hypochondriacs. Unfortunately... they are also right!

Alex started day care Monday. She went for three days. The past two nights she has had a cough, a runny nose, a slight fever, and trouble sleeping. Last night, the poor thing, woke up every twenty minutes until I finally broke down at 3:30 and held her for the rest of the night. What did I get as a reward for my gallantry? Well, apparently, working out for three straight days (when I am woefully out of shape), sleeping three hours tops, and being around a sick baby has put me down for the count with a not-so-slight fever.

Alex at least is in a good mood... I'm not sure I can say the same for myself. Who would have guessed that Michele would be the well one? Luckily we both have her here to take care of us.

Thanks Tutor Time! Step one on the road to a virus fighting super baby is underway!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From my experience the child eventually becomes germ resistant to the other children and the parents are the ones that end up sick all the time ---- Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Miss Alexandra is beautiful as usual.

Anonymous said...

I need credit for my posts as Miss Robin said I am not allowed to enjoy the blog without participating so the last blog was from me and I just didn't click the correct button. Please excuse me as I am new at this.