Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sleepy time...


Michele just got rolled back for surgery. We got here about 8am. She had a guidewire put in to show the surgeon where to go and then headed off to have radioactive tracer injected to highlight the sentinel node. After some waiting around for it to take effect, she headed back to go sleepy time and get all the business taken care of. She'll have a small lump of breast removed and at least one node.

So far she is doing great, a little nervous but in good spirits. She was joking around with Carmen and I as they wheeled her away. Now we are waiting around for a couple hours... I'll update when I know more.

1 comment:

Jen Marr said...

Thank you so much for the update. I wish I could be there-she is on my mind every minute. If I don't hear anything in a few hours, I will call you!