Thursday, June 26, 2008

My new assistant...

So, today is Michele's first day back at work, which means my first day of trying to work from home and wrangle Alex at the same time, and alone. No problem.

Problem.

We got Michele fed and out the door on time and the shoveled multiple mushy mushes into Alex's mouth. Easy peasy. Then Alex set off to happily play alone and I got down to work. Hmm, I can't seem to log on. Huh, my laptop isn't recognizing the network. Okay, I'll just blindly tear everything apart... After an hour of cursing and doing everything I could think of (this isn't saying much as I am a technological idiot) I surmised that I would have to go to work to have the Nerd Herd tell me how stupid I am and what an easy fix it was.

No choice but to take Alexandra. Luckily while I spent an hour plus on the phone she quietly slept in her car seat on the chair normally reserved for people to rest in while I yell at them. She slept the whole time. I love her.

Problem solved, though I don't understand how or how to prevent it in the future, we headed home. Other than when she was inhaling 9oz of formula for lunch she has been sitting behind me in her highchair chewing on the strap. She loves straps. So far she hasn't contributed much more than cooing, but I expect my productivity to go up any time now.

Hopefully Michele's day has been easier and hopefully my tomorrow will be simpler.

No comments: