Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Crazy good


That sums up how I am feeling these days...Crazy good. I know it seems like I, more than anyone would know how bad chemo makes you feel but it is only now that I am done with it that I realize how bad I felt. It has been 6 months since I have felt normal...well longer if you take into account the pregnancy. I feel like my old self again, with sass and everything. I really felt like an alien for the year 2008...I say that because I felt very spacey, not at all in control of my body, and just not as light as I used to feel. That alien feeling has gradually gone away over the last 10 days and it is awesome. The best part is that I can sleep!! I realize that I have not really been able to sleep since I got the BC diagnosis on December 26th. Sometime during the last 10 days I started sleeping again...no tossing and turning before bed, no waking up in the middle of the night unable to go back to sleep, and no longer hating the nighttime. So yeah, I am feeling crazy good.

On an Alexandra note-
She totally likes Day Care. I had parents comment on how well behaved she was and I figure that is the best testament because the teachers have to say good things about her but the parents of other kids surely don't!! This week has been a good adjustment for Wes and I. Wes is feeling like normalcy is returning to our house because we have started a schedule. I have enjoyed the last couple days because I have started each day with no schedule and ended up pretty much sitting on the couch playing video games. But I have wanted to do that for months and now I have the chance before surgery next week and going back to work. So things are good in the Harrington household...

Oh and an update on the weight loss-
In spite of Wes and I falling off the wagon at the wedding this past weekend, the weight loss continues. The team of Robin, Bob, Wes and I lost another 14 pounds...for those counting that makes 35 total pounds in two weeks. We are all still motivated to keep up the good progress and are ready to mix in some exercise. I think we are all in agreement that this is a life change but we still talk about ice cream an awful lot. I think that if I start on that slippery slope, then it is going to be tough to stop sliding. So I am going to be good for at least the rest of the week- it is Robin's birthday this weekend and no celebration is complete without cake!!!

2 comments:

Tammi and Family said...

Good for all of you, daycare, feeling better and weight loss. We are always happy to hear good news and you guys are always in our thoughts. Love you.

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

Happy to hear that you are feeling like "Michele" again and that you can sleep at night. And I love that you are taking the time to play video games. You deserve time to veg out.

We all knew that Alex would be a day care champ (It's the Harrington way!) Keep up the great weight loss mission!