Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Feeling good


I am feeling good a day after surgery. Throughout the day the ache associated with the incisions has improved. The incision underneath my arm where the lymph node was removed is the most uncomfortable. But I am able to move my arm a lot more than I was earlier in the day. It really feels good to be cancer free- at least that is what I think I am...the lab results from the tissue samples will confirm. This whole process seems to be never ending but this surgery was a big hurdle to overcome. The surgery itself was the easy part because I was knocked out for that. The more difficult part was when they put a wire into the breast to locate the clip. This locater would be used in surgery to minimize the invasiveness but it was the most uncomfortable part of the day. After I had the wire inserted (I had to walk around with it sticking out of my hospital gown for two hours), I had the radiative material injected into my breast that would eventually identify the sentinel node. That wasn't too bad. So after my breast had been poked, smashed, and threaded with a wire, I was ready to be knocked out for surgery. I am just happy it turned out the best we could expect on surgery day.

Tomorrow marks another big day in my recovery. I am heading to work. I am going to leave my two favorite people at home. : ( I am pretty sure I will call multiple times a day- Wes offered to post every hour but I thought that would be excessive!! I am sure Wes and Alexandra will have a great day. I just hope she has a good nap day so Wes can get the work done that he needs to . I love them a lot and hope that they have fun together. I will definitely be thinking of them while I am at work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at work!

Michelle Hutchinson said...

Wow. Such good news. I'm so happy that you are clean and safe and healthy. Don't you work more than a few hours in the next few days. Your body still needs to recover from the surgery even if it was minor and outpatient. After my achilles outpatient I tried to go back to work Monday and could barely drive. Be careful. Take it easy. love you, LL