Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hair today...

It is true, look at me- I have hair!!! It is coming in as this ultra-fine fuzz. At first it appeared on the sides of my head and the top really looked like I had some male pattern baldness issues. But lately it has really started to look like a super cropped hair cut.
I decided when I came back to work on July 14th not to wear my wig. It didn't make me feel like myself. When Alexandra was freaked by my appearance with the wig that was pretty much enough for me to realize that I am who I am and right now that is a fresh-from-chemo chick. So I have a short haircut and am feeling good about how I look. It is strange how much my appearance has changed in the past year....I went from being very comfortable with myself to super uncomfortable. All the baby weight/chemo weight that I gained, the hair that I lost and the general blah feeling from the chemo made me sad whenever I looked into the mirror. But then chemo ended and my spirit started to rise. It is not like I have lost all the baby weight/chemo weight or that my hair is looking good, but I feel better about myself. I feel feminine even with my scars, tattoos, fat belly, and buzz hair cut. Crazy.

Speaking of hair cut, I had to go last week to get a trim on my neck. It has been 7 months since I have needed to step into the salon and there I was getting a trim. My hair is this aweful ash color that I can't wait to change but until there is more there, I will hold off. I never lost my eyebrows during chemo but about a month ago, they started to fall out. Then two weeks ago they grew back in...as that weird ash color. I misplaced my tweezers during all this mess because who needed them...well I do now...and happy to tweeze away!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait... tattoos?

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

I just think it's weird your hair grows back a different color. I also think Alex was right, that you didn't need to wear the wig. She might not be able to talk, but she knows that her mom's beauty comes from inside and out!

Anonymous said...

Michele, you look beautiful and your hair has grown back so quickly! There's so much more than when I saw you a month ago. Things are lookin' good!

Anonymous said...

Proposed tattoo idea:

http://radaronline.com/photos/2008/05/no_regrets_bad_tattoos_david_cross_aviva_yael_pm_chen_09.php

Michelle Hutchinson said...

you are going to come back as an ash blonde . . . that might be cool . . . I am a gray turning colored ever 2 months chic and if I were you I'd leave it. You look beautiful. I love the short hair and wish I could feel your head! It probably feels soft and tickly :)