Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting back to work

No cute pictures today...I am back to work and it seems like there is no time for anything. But it is a good thing. I am happy to be back because I get to see my peeps. I feel like I am something other than chemo mom, I am now working mom. It is crazy how quickly it comes back- the multitasking, the problem solving, and developing strategic solutions. I am quite happy to be back. I really couldn't have gotten out the door these past two days if it hadn't been for Wes. This is where his planning/schedules really come in handy. He is the best husband to me and father for Alex. I missed Alex terribly but I know she is in good hands- she really enjoys herself at daycare and at the end of the week she will hang out with Wes. I look forward to figuring out the balance between work, motherhood and wife. This will probably take the next 18 years or so...and the plan is to do that cancer free!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll get the hang of it!

... just about the time she goes to college. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad going back went so well, Michele!

Jen Marr said...

Just think of all of juice you get to catch up on! I can't wait to hear about it.

You are amazing and I am so proud of you, Wes and Alex. Love ya!!

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

It's nice to hear that work is bringing good challenges to keep you on your toes. I don't think there are any words that can express how wonderful Wes is, Alex is lucky to have both of you.

Michelle Hutchinson said...

Yeah for career woman mother wife lover. You go get 'em. Remember to leave work early though. You deserve it and need it.