Tuesday, July 8, 2008

On to normal


This weekend Alexandra has her first exposure to swimming. We went to my brother's house and took a dip in the pool. She really did well. She went under water a couple times and wasn't too freaked. She enjoyed being held the most but we also had her in a covered floaty- the sun is pretty much evil to our fair skin. After a bit she was done with the pool and let us know- by crying. We will try again soon.

My mom reminded me of another exciting event at our house. Some of you may know that we had a hummingbird's nest in our front yard. I had never seen a nest before and was super excited that it took up residence in my yard. I thought it must have something to do with my awesome garden but that might be my wishful thinking. Anyway, I was checking out the nest this weekend and wouldn't you know there were more than one hummingbird. It had babies!!! How exciting. So I included this picture of the nest and babies. The picture was actually harder to get than I thought because of the wind blowing the branch but I think it came out ok.

1 comment:

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

I've never seen a hummingbird sitting still before. Yet along more then one together. I think they found the best yard to build their nest in! And I understand about the evil sun on fair skin, isn't it fun trying to put sunblock on babies!