Monday, July 14, 2008

Somebody's got a case of the Mondays...

So, today is day one of Michele back to work for real and us pretending to be grownups again. I'll let Michele tell about being back in the lovely hamlet of Warren (she went sans wig!), but so far the big difference for me is in morning prep time.

I remember a day when I was up at 5, shower (no need for shampoo!), dress, make lunches, make breakfast, watch the better part of Sportscenter and at work by 6. Today we got up at 6, Michele took the little one to daycare... and I still didn't make it to work til after 8! Turns out there are a few more steps to the routine now, including:

  • label and fill four bottles (all food must be labeled, dated for daycare...every day)
  • label food
  • pack Alex's food
  • wake up the monkey ("ahhh... how cute are you?")
  • smooches for monkey
  • change the diaper
  • more smooches
  • prepare food for monkey (banana oatmeal!)
  • feed monkey ("om nom nom... look, I can eat it... come on...")
  • clean monkey
  • label clothes (that's right, labels on all the clothes too)
  • dress monkey
  • undress monkey to change diaper again (nice timing sweety)
  • more smooches
  • oh yeah, smooches for Michele too
  • load car with baby and stuff, and Michele and stuff, and some stuff
I think we may have to come up with a chronological checklist for each morning's routine... yeah, Michele is gonna love it!

3 comments:

Angela said...

As a daycare mom of two children and only one adult I understand the morning routine. I found that it was easiest to fill,lable and bag day care stuff the night before (bottles would be added in the morning). Then in the morning that is one less thing that had to be completed. I also had day care clothes that the kids wore. So that all our clothes would not be labeled and I did not mind if they returned with a stain or two. Just an idea. Good Luck and it will become routine at some point.

Angela
(Friend of Jana's)

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

How can something so small have so much stuff!?! I'm sure that you guys will have a routine down quickly. And until then just continue with the smooches for your monkey! (and yes that is a very cute name)

Michelle Hutchinson said...

I don't know what to say except it sounds scary. 5, 6am. Work?! Yikes!