Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Before we get to the next chemo session...


We need to recap last week's chemo.

My best friend Jen flew up from Dallas for chemo. I had a doctor's appointment prior to treatment. During the appt., I asked about life after breast cancer. What tests will I need and am I more likely to have another type of cancer. The doctor said that she does not recommend scans because of the exposure to radiation. Because I am a bit younger she may do blood tests but the recommendation is to use traditional tools- monthly self exam and mammograms. She says that her recommendation is focusing on life on not on cancer- good suggestion.

The treatment went well. As you can see in the background of the picture, Jabba was sitting next to me- seriously snoring. The crazy thing is that she went to the restroom and was having trouble breathing by the time she came back. The nurse asked if she had breathing issues over the last week and she admitted that she had. Uuummmmm, yeah we are having serious drugs pumped into us on a weekly basis and that is a pretty serious side effect that the doctor's would want to know about. So she went to the ER.

It was great having Jen here. Last time she was in town, she was here for AC and she commented how much better I am looking during this treatment. 7 more to go....but more on that thought later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Focus on Life... I recommend enjoying life! Like eating Taco Bell and getting Peddies and expensive coffee drinks... I can help with that! Just so you know.. sometimes the thought of the cancer may pop into my head and may make me scared... I believe you will be there to help me with that! Sister, you are an inspiration to me!