Thursday, January 31, 2008

One month checkup


Alexandra had her one month doctor's appointment today. She weighed in at 10 lbs., 1 oz. and 22 inches long. That puts her in the 75th percentile for both. We had a couple concerns that we talked to the doctor about:
1. Her acne- seriously looks like she is going through puberty and we know that is normal but it seems to be getting worse. The doc confirmed that the acne peaks right around 4 weeks so we should start seeing an improvement.
2. Her fervor for eating- she gulps her bottle like she has never been provided food. The doc said that there was no harm in a healthy appetite and that we should be happy that we have a good eater....I guess having a pickie eater is more troublesome than dealing with a gulper.
3. Immunizations- with my chemo I can't be around live vaccines. The doc mentioned that the only live vaccine coming up was the rotavirus vaccine- rotavirus causes diarrhea. We agreed that Alexandra will forgo that vaccine.

All in all, a really good visit for Alexandra. Her development seems right on track and she is healthy. Tomorrow I go to round 2 of chemo, hopefully I will have as good a visit as my daughter did today.

5 comments:

Jen Marr said...

I am completely cracking up about the baby acne! Doesn't it look like it hurts? Both of my babies had it and it seems to go away forever. Very mysterious..isn't it?

Anonymous said...

sounds like all is going just great... thinkling about you guys today at chemo... hang in there michele...

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

It sounds like she is one healthy girl. Although I am jealous that she is in the 75th percentile. Also interesting to know about the life vaccines, I didn't know they could effect you during chemo.

Anonymous said...

I never even thought about something like vaccines in conjunction with cancer. I am learning a lot about babies (don't put them in the dryer) AND cancer treatments from you guys. Thanks for blogging!