Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Latest from the Oncologist

No cute baby pictures in this entry...

Went to the oncologist today and she confirmed some good things:
- tumor has shrunk a bit
- cancer is located in the breast only
- protocol is the same as previously discussed- 20 weeks of chemo, lumpectomy, radiation, and herceptin shots
The best news of the appointment was that she classified my cancer diagnosis as curable. When the oncologist says that, you know it is good!!

I am ready for round one of chemo on Friday. I just want to get the treatment started. It has been almost 3 weeks since I found out that I have cancer and I want to start doing something about it. The daunting aspect of the treatment is the length- 20 weeks of chemo, 7 weeks of radiation and then take the herceptin for 9 months. Happy to get week one started.

7 comments:

Angela said...

Hang in there. My mom just went through the fight against breast cancer and won. Reading your story brought back the memories of my mom's fight.

You are a strong women who will come out on top. Stay positive.

Angie Ringman
(Jana Schutte's Friend)

Tammi and Family said...

We know you are a strong and beautiful woman and will make through with the love of your family. We are so happy to get good news from you everyday!! Look forward to more!! Kiss Alex for us!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good news!

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

Its good to hear that you are ready to get this started. Also good to hear the good news before you start treatment, that should help you stay positive. We wish you the best.

Anonymous said...

It's very positive that the tumor has shrunk. I am so happy at this news.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

we are so happy that the tumor has shrunk. you are a very stong person, and we love you very much. hang in there. love to see all the pics on the blog. Alex is a very beautiful girl.
-rhonda

Anonymous said...

You're a fighter, Michele! I'm just reading through your blog - posting a little late. I'm inspired by your courage. You are a mom. I guess courage with the territory!