Thursday, November 13, 2008

Refreshed joy

I really am grateful to my sister for setting up this blog. I am able to go onto the blog and show off pictures of Alex at all times. But it also is pretty therapeutic. This post will be a release for me.

This week has been nuts. So far, between Alex and I, we have been to the doctor's office 4 times. The plan was to get an update on my heart. Well, life does not go according to plan. I did follow up on my heart and do have what is called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. Basically, it means that my wiring is not normal....I have extra cells. I have no symptoms so the doctor didn't recommend surgery. I will have a stress test next week to make sure at an elevated rate, my heart doesn't freak.

So all these extra cells in my body, what is up with that? Well, the other issue this week was I found a lump in my breast. Naturally, I freaked. It was the same breast that I had my lumpectomy on and in the same area as my previous tumor. I wasn't sure what it was. So I went to my primary and she felt the lump- now keep in mind, this is after I asked pretty much anyone that came over to my house to feel my breast!! So today, I had an appointment with my surgeon and she felt the lump but confirmed it was scar tissue. She stated that sometimes it grows in little balls and that I may never get rid of it. She followed up with an ultrasound which confirmed that there was nothing irregular. HUGE relief. So now my family can exhale after being worried for a couple days.

Speaking of exhale, Alex and I are planning a trip to Dallas this weekend. Alex went to the doctor yesterday to confirm if her ears would be ok to travel. She got the green light. So we are now focusing on spending some time with the Marr's in Dallas. It should be a great break for us and for Wes at home. He deserves a little time to himself!!!!

4 comments:

srah said...

I like how you say "Alex went to the doctor yesterday to confirm if her ears would be ok to travel." I pictured her driving a little pedal car over there and asking the doctor herself.

srah said...

And I'm glad that - despite all the numerous doctor's visits - things have turned out well this week!

Anonymous said...

Things HAVE turned out well this week. It is a huge relief to know that the lump is nothing and to also have a diagnosis on your heart. Now you actually know what is wrong and can follow-up on that instead of not knowing.

Michelle Hutchinson said...

Oh my gosh. I'm so glad that you are ok and that the lump is scar tissue. And it sounds like the heart condition isn't serious. I think a lot of people have things like that but don't know it. Take care of yourself and have a great time in Dallas.