Monday, November 10, 2008

Quantum Leap...


I know that children advance quickly. I get that Alex is going to grow by leaps and bounds. But it's difficult to believe how fast it happens. This morning she woke up and, from the first moment that I I saw her, she just got it a little more.

Thursday her newest thing was "hands up". I grabbed both of her hands and put them up in the air. "Hands up." By the afternoon she was doing it on her own every now and again. Friday it made her giggle. Saturday morning she was doing it on request (sometimes). Saturday afternoon she was signaling a touchdown for a room full of Michigan fans in desperate need of touchdowns...

Today when I picked her up from daycare the staff was laughing about her throwing up her hands all day and looking so proud. They couldn't figure out what she was doing. When I walked in the door she threw her hands up and I yelled "hands up", and they got it. She gets it.

I struggle with wanting so badly for her to continue to grow and learn, and just wanting her to stay the same for a week, a couple days, until bedtime. I feel like I need to take more pictures, more videos... to soak her in.

No comments: