Friday, August 15, 2008

Gravitas...

I know, I know... I'm supposed to be the comic relief here, but bare with me for a quick dip in the serious end of the pool.

I find myself lately feeling at a loss to tell Michele how I feel about her, so let me use this too public venue to try and work it out. 90% of the comments on this blog to date have been of the "you go girl", "you're so strong" variety and I have to agree with every one of them. But, and I'm ashamed to say it, I don't feel like I have let Michele know enough over the past long eight months how amazing I think she is.

While she was the one housing and birthing the baby... she was still the one keeping me sane. When she found out about the cancer, in her body... her first concern was how I would make it. Through chemo, surgery, and sleepless nights... she feels it necessary to hold back her sorrow as not to burden the rest of us. If I could put in to words how strong I know she is, how beautiful she will always be to me, or how much joy she brings to her friends and family I would have written this post five days ago when first I tried.

Michele, don't ever forget that who you were is who you are... and no rogue cells can ever change that. Alex is the luckiest baby on earth to have a Mama and a role model like you.

Usted es la persona más fuerte que sé y te quiero.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww. That made me tear up.

Lindsay said...

Me, too...

And your hair looks awesome! Very cute and stylish.

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

Ok seriously Wes, you are amazing! And not just because of this post (which was very sweet) You are an awesome Dad and great husband and we all knew you would be even before Michele's cancer. I think that everything the Harrington family has dealt with in the last 8 months is proof that you and Michele were meant for each other. You work off of each other's strengths and always find a way to fill in the "weak" areas. As far as we are concerns you should be nominated for Family of the Year! You guys are great

Oh and that is a beautiful picture of Michele!

carmen zoraida said...

Ok, you have finally done it. By telling her how much you love her, in Spanish no less you left me"Leele".I think I am the luckiest of people around having you, Wes, in my family,seeing both of you grow up and enjoying the thought that you will even grow more with Alex around. Thank you for sharing part of you with all of us. Todos nosotros te queremos muchisimo
Oh yes,Michele, finally a picture that captures part of your beauty. The other part is in your core.

Michelle Hutchinson said...

Wes, you are amazing too. You and Michele and Alex and so lucky to have each other and you all know it. We love you all!

That was one of the most heartfelt and beautiful things I've ever read.