Friday, August 29, 2008

Getting some rays...

Today marks the half way mark in my radiation schedule. So far, things are going according to plan- if I am to believe the doctors. The total schedule for treatment is 35 treatments, 5 days a week. As of today, I have 18 sessions done and 17 to go. This week I started to notice a pink glow on my right breast. Not too painful yet but they tell me it will start to hurt more like a sunburn. When I started this process, the doctors told me not to treat the skin irritation with anything other than what they give me in the office. So I was thinking it was some super special stuff that specifically treats radiation side effects. Nope. What they gave me this week was 100% aloe gel. Just like for a sunburn- nothing special.

I am starting to feel some fatigue issues this week but as my family members have pointed out, it could be more due to Wes's/Alex's sleeping issues. So we will see how the second half of treatment goes. I have alerted work that I may need to work from home some days as this goes on and they are supportive. More nap time for Michele.

1 comment:

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

Don't you just love being able to have a count down to being done with radiation! I hope the sleepy side effects don't get too bad, but I like hearing that you job is more then understanding and willing to let you nap.

P.S. My mom had a second mastectomy today and is doing fine. I can't wait for the day that you and my mom are officially cancer free!!!