Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Roller Coaster Ride

I knew this week would be interesting in regards to the cancer because of my tests, but today was more of a roller coaster ride than I expected.



Today was the mammogram. I figured this would be a breeze compared to last time because last time I was 10 days out from having Alexandra. My mom came with me for moral support and it takes a long time to be seen. So I go back and the tech gives me a breast exam. No problem, I have had these on a weekly basis right- WRONG. She thought she felt something on the left breast. Now this is NOT the breast with the tumor. So she has me feel it and I say that I don't remember that being there. OK so I am mildly freaked out at this point and the tech recommends we do a mammogram on the left side in addition to the planned right. So I go through the schmooshing process and go back out to the waiting area with Mom. Of course she asked what took so long and I told her. Her eyes nearly bugged out of her eyes. After some discussion and feeling, Mom said that it might just be fibrous because she has them too. Mom was also upset with the tech because she said anything. I said it is what it is and if it is something, I am already going through chemo so it is not like I need any other treatment. And then I would probably have to have a mastectomy so I could upgrade to "C" breasts. The tech came back and said she wanted to have an ultrasound as well. So the ultrasound tech showed me the area and said that it just looked like glandular tissue. At the end, that is all that it was- Glandular tissue that developed from breastfeeding Alex. So now I know and will be able to say "oh yeah, that is normal".

It was a long morning with this drama...then I get a call this afternoon from the oncologists office. They had a chance to review the mammogram and "there is no tumor left, just the clip". Wow, OK, Hello, can you repeat? That is right, no tumor left. The only thing left is the clip that they put in to locate where the tumor was. Such great news. So we are flying high right now. I have the MRI on Friday and who knows what drama that will bring but today is a good day!!

On that note, I decided to show pictures of Alex in her Jumparoo. Her cousin Max let her use it and she loves it. Some of the pictures are blurred because she was moving around but you can see how much she enjoys it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No tumor left! YAY!

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

Fantastic!!!

Michelle Hutchinson said...

You are healthy, strong, beautiful, no more tumors! Don't worry!

And what a big girl Alex is! She's changed so much in the last few months. I can't believe it.

Tammi and Family said...

What great, wonderful news for a first time mom just before her first "Mother's Day". I know you will be able to enjoy it to the fullest extent!!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful news!!

love, rhonda