Tuesday, March 16, 2010

When the cat's away...

Michele is on her way to Alabama for work... she'll be back tomorrow night. When she leaves on these little adventures, my dinners fall in to one of three distinct categories:
  1. Whatever Alex wants (ie waffles, pancakes, or grilled cheese)
  2. Leftovers
  3. Something Michele won't eat
Tonight will be a #3... there are venison steaks (lovingly provided by my brother-in-law) marinating in the fridge right now. Michele is not a fan of game. I am excited for the experiment (I invented the soy, garlic, ginger marinade employing nothing but whimsy), but here is the question...

When Alex invariably asks me, "What is it?", do I tell her?

3 comments:

Tammi and Family said...

The truth, she is young enough not to get grossed out by it. Just don't tell her it is Bambi, like our mom told Kaden the other day. Luckily, we have been serving it long enough and he knows his dad hunts and has seen the deer, that it hasn't fased him too much. Enjoy and let me know how it turns out!!!

amy said...

I would suggest you tell her it is meat -

Sarah said...

The Norman French gave us two words for most foods for a reason. One is the food name, the other is the animal name! Just tell her it's venison and eventually she'll figure out what venison is!