Monday, March 1, 2010

All aboard the potty train...


It isn't fully official yet, but we think that Alex might be potty trained. We have been passively working on it for a few months now... getting her used to the potty, used to panties, used to figuring out what the sensation of "I gotta go". She has gone in the potty. She has modeled the panties. But she also had accidents and preferred diapers (including saying, "no, not a big girl... I'm a baby!).

But then Friday we put her in big girl panties and she used the potty a couple times on her own schedule. Saturday had no mishaps and a bunch of potty trips (including at the mall). Sunday flew by with no issues and heavy potty action (including at breakfast and at my sisters house). So today we sent her to daycare wearing a pullup and... no accidents!! Four potty trips (in a room full of kids who are not fully trained). The only wet diaper she has had since Friday is from when she woke up yesterday morning.

I think she gets it. And I get one more thing that I hoped for and regret at the same time.

1 comment:

carmen zoraida said...

Imagine how many more push ups you can do with her in your back in the time you had to change her diapers.
I tell you, she is s genius