Monday, December 1, 2008

Birthday wishes, and caviar dreams...

Yesterday was Michele's birthday and I had intended to write a nice blog entry wishing her happiness. I sat down several times to bang out a short nod, and came away with nothing. This years birthday seems like something more...

We spent her last birthday pregnant out to here and with only thoughts of the impending birth on our minds. A month later we were in the hospital more worried than excited... more pensive than joyful. If you had asked me then if I thought Michele would see her next birthday, or Alex's first, I would have said "of course". But I don't know if I would have believed me...

Now here it is... another birthday. I never thought that I could reveille so profoundly in the mundane. Another year, another month, another day... every day that starts with Michele by my side is a blessing, every meal a celebration, every moment a pleasure...

So yesterday I wished her a "Happy Birthday". Today I say "Happy December". Tomorrow, Thursday, the Wednesday of next week... happy, happy, happy.

I love you Michele... thank you for being in my life.

5 comments:

carmen zoraida said...

Thank you Wes for being in ours. You are the blessing that I always prayed for my little girl who was born 33 years and a day ago.

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

Wes, you just made every woman say "aww". It really is the little things in life that bring so much joy. You guys are so perfect for each other and I love that you tell each other every chance you get!

Anonymous said...

Wes can write the nicest things! I am glad we were around to celebrate Michele's birthday and let's hope the next year is healthy for everyone in the family...
now for non sequitur...where's that picture of Alex in the basket?

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!

Michelle Hutchinson said...

Happy Birthday Michele. Wes you are great person. And you are a gifted writer. I love reading this blog. I nominate it for a Nobel prize in blogging.