Friday, December 26, 2008

12/26/07...

Almost exactly one year ago this moment, Michele was extremely pregnant and on the phone with a doctor finding out that she had breast cancer. It was, easily, the most devastating day of our lives. The doctor wanted us to induce labor that very night so that we could get going on fully diagnosing and treating the cancer. Thankfully we chose to wait a day to gather ourselves. Instead we spent the day with family moping, crying, and worrying about things we had no idea about and no control over.

When I look back on that day it makes me quite sad. But when I think about it a little more I realize it's fine... we made it... she made it. So I have chosen to be happy today and to take Michele out tonight and try my damnedest to make her happy. Life is everything that I could ask for because she is here to live it with me.

1 comment:

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

Beautiful! Wes, in my eyes, you are man of the year! I'll say it again, you and Michele are meant for each other.