Thursday, March 20, 2008

Times are changing


This week brought change for both Alexandra and I. Alex made the move from sleeping in the bassinet in our room to her crib. She seems to have made the move easier than her mom. She is sleeping 6 to 7 hours for the first stretch then sleeps another 3 to 4 hours after a feeding. She rocks. I selected this picture that Wes took of her in his lap because that is pretty much how she looks when she is awake these days. Her tongue is always out. It reminds me of the Marr's dog Bruno- like her tongue is too big for her mouth.



This week I managed the change from the AC chemo treatment to Taxol/Herceptin chemo treatmnet. The side effects of the new chemo treatment are tons better -Very little nausea and no migraines. I immediately felt better right after treament than I had with AC. The tiredness is still there though. I can't tell if it is worse with this chemo or if I don't have all the other business so I can focus more attention on being tired. I am also achy from the treatment in my upper shoulders. I was hoping that now that I don't need the white cell count boosting shots that I wouldn't be achy but that is one of the side effects of Taxol : (. I go to treatment number 6 tomorrow and hopefully it will be a bit shorter than last week!! I have included a picture of a feel good basket that the Schutte's gave me. Basically, it is a basket full of little gifts to make me smile on days that I don't feel good. So when I opened the basket in January, I was totally in tears because it was so thoughtful. Since then, there have been days that I have felt bad/sad and opened one of the wrapped gifts. They all include little notes on why they were selected- Jana is amazingly creative. It is just awesome and is just one of the things that friends/family have done that just amazes us. Hopefully, with treatment going well, I won't need to open too many gifts in the next 11 weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't have to open more gifts.... however, that was a fabulous idea and so well executed.
Also, I think that girl was born sticking her tongue out... maybe it was even out during the ultrasound!

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea!