Friday, March 7, 2008

No more needles!!!


Today is a landmark day- I am done receiving the white blood cell boosting shots. It is also landmark for Wes because he had to give me the 24 shots over the last 4 treatments. The shots themselves were a total pain to get- not so much a physical hurt more like an annoyance. The worse part of the shots were the ache that they created in my body. My shoulders, chest and hips have been sore while I receive the shots. This is a good thing because it means that my bones are producing more white blood cells. But I am happy that the ache in my bones will not longer be felt!!

I am feeling optimistic about the next few weeks. The next treatment is a week away but the knowledge that I don't need half of the medication to deal with the side effects is awesome!

I have attached the picture of me with my new wig. I think that as I start feeling better I might head out with my wig. I will be able to be incognito- not visibly chemo girl. That might be a nice change.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look great! glad to hear all the good news. always thinking about you all and reading the blog.

love, rhonda and family

carmen zoraida said...

I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE STRONG, GALLANT, GENTLE AND BRAVE. BUT IS ONLY WITH AWE THAT I SEE MY LITTLE GIRL ENDURING THIS DIFFICULT TIME WITH SUCH GRACE. I AM ALSO BLOWN OVER BY YOUR WISENESS OF CHOOSING YOUR MATE SO MUCH LIKE:YOU FULL OF GENTLENESS, LOVING, CARING AND FULL OF STRENGTH. READY TO DO WHATEVER HE NEEDS FOR HIS FAMILY. TODAY I SALUTE YOU BOTH.

Jen Marr said...

Congratulations to both of you! You are officially done with the shots and round 1. You guys are an amazing team.

The crazy snow has started to melt and the tulips have bloomed (in the same day)! I hope this puts a smile on your face :)

Thinking of you every day..

Jen, Adam, Hudson & Zoe

Anonymous said...

that's awesome Michelle - I am happy to hear. And I must say, you look really nice!

Anonymous said...

The wig really looks like Michele before chemo... differnt colors, although a less sassy style
Although it is now weird to see her WITH hair....

Tammi and Family said...

Awsome!! We Love You!!!

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

I haven't had a computer for a week so I was scrolling down to catch up on things and as I was scrolling I thought, "just a picture of Michele" it wasn't until I was reading that I realized it was a wig. (yeah I'm slow) You look great!

So happy for you that you don;t have to have all of those shots anymore. It sounds like you will slowly be geting rid of some annoying side effects and we couldn't be happier.