Sunday, January 30, 2011

Artsy...

Alex does a ton of painting at daycare. Almost daily we have little treasures to bring home and put on the fridge. She rarely paints at home. Not because she doesn't love it, but because I have issues with mess. I'm a bit neurotic.

Luckily Michele is there to help out the little monkey. So they busted out the easel and the apron...
And they opened up the pre-load paint brushes...And Alex painted. She was very serious and very focused. Just look at her...And, in the end, a modern masterpiece...
I think it really speaks to the plight of the modern toddler. Every brushstroke is like a comment on parental neuroticism.

Perhaps I should get over my issues and paint with her more often.

1 comment:

Michelle Hutchinson said...

What a lovely work of art. I understand your struggle with the messes. My plan is to move into a house that can not only get messy, but also pounded and trashed by a little curious boy.