Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Late explanation...

Michele has been working crazy hours lately. She worked the week of the fourth, which was supposed to be vacation. She worked this weekend. She is gone early and back very late. She recently moved to logistics at work, and when things go wrong all hell breaks loose.

Until tonight, the explanation of, "Mama has to work late" has been sufficient... that is she accepted my answers to "why?why?why?". Tonight she needed more detail, so this is what I came up with...
There is a plant in Mexico (eraser) that makes parts to build a car. It ships the parts by train (train) to a plant that puts the cars together (black box). There was a flood and the river swelled and broke the bridge (note broken bridge). It was too dangerous for the train to go on the tracks...
So Mama and her friends have to figure out other ways to get the parts to the car plant. They use other trains, planes, and trucks to move the parts before the plant gets shut down...
I left out the part about the banditos robbing trucks at the border... all I had left was Mrs. Potatohead and it wasn't to scale.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, we need to find some bandidos to add to your teaching aids. The problem is she may like the bandidos and want to emulate them. Today she wanted monster shirts!!!!!

Ro said...

I wish I could depict my job with toys! I think it would lighten everyone mood here

amy said...

Excellent story with appropriate visual aides. Thanks for the read.