Friday, May 15, 2009

A girl and her balloon...

Alex and I go grocery shopping together most Fridays. She loves this. I currently go almost exclusively to two places... Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. She gets excited as soon as we pull in to the parking lot, but for different reasons. Whole Foods puts out lots of samples... and samples of good healthy stuff. I needn't plan a snack or meal after a trip to Whole Foods. Trader Joe's on the other hand saves the big prize for the very end... the balloon at the checkout.



When she first gets them she isn't content to merely hold the ribbon, but has to hug the balloon with both arms. A firm grip on a little slice of rubber heaven. We generally have approximately 1500 half inflated Trader Joe's balloons in our house at any given time... but it makes her soooooo happy.

3 comments:

Amy said...

She is so smart. I have to say that the clerk at Trader Joe's has never offered me a balloon?

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

So cute! and quick on her feet to think of the quickest path to retrieve her balloon. Too bad Dad has to stop the fun and make her ask for help (we have those conversations daily at our house)

Makes me kind of sad that no store in Adrian offers balloons.

Michelle Hutchinson said...

She is so lovely and cute and smart. When I visit in July can I bring her a balloon?