Thursday, April 2, 2009

The new receptionist...

I "work" from home on Thursdays and Fridays. I say "work" because, lately, it seems like Alex is determined that I will not be productive. We spend all day together, and there is time set aside for play, walks, books, etc. But, for the last couple weeks, she has been freaking out whenever I sit down in front of the computer or talk on the phone... and that is pretty much my job. She could be playing happily by herself while I'm watching TV, or doing dishes, or staring blankly into space... but as soon as I start typing, she needs desperately to be in my lap. It's like we had a new baby and she is feeling neglected.

So today I moved her little desk next to mine. I let her use my headset. She was better. I think I may need to get a tiny computer for her to type on.

2 comments:

Ro said...

she looks like she is ready to take my "Time Life" order!

Cheryl said...

Have you seen the baby laptops?