Friday, October 31, 2008

Too scary...

Happy Halloween everybody!!

Back to the doctor again today... the little monster is dehydrated and super chapped after a couple days of scary diarrhea. Apparently if one is on a lot of antibiotics (and lord knows Alex has been on them a ton), eventually they start to kill off the good, healthy bacteria in your stomach and all hell breaks loose (and I mean loose). So today it's Pedialyte, probiotics, and lots of rest. Her red little bum is the scariest thing that I have seen this Halloween season...

When I called the doctor's office this morning they said they had a spot open right away. I always keep a diaper bag in my car so I bundled up the monster and ran out the door. By the time we got there she had a total blowout. Out the diaper, through the onesie, schmeared down the leg of the pants, and even on the socks. I undressed her in the exam room and cleaned her up only to find no diapers and no spare clothes in usually well appointed daddy bag. My scoutmaster would be so ashamed. I had to "borrow" a diaper from the staff and wrap the poor little thing in my jacket...

It's been a long week.

3 comments:

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

Little red bums are very scary looking. I hope Alex is feeling better soon. Hang in their you guys.

Tammi and Family said...

I feel bad for both of you. Hope things get better.

Jen Marr said...

Hang in there. It sounds like it has been a super tough week. You have an incredible doc to get you in right away. Hopefully the ENT will have a solution tomorrow. We look forward to the update. You are in our thoughts all of the time. Try to have a good Halloween (with lots of diaper changes and cream)! You are both amazing parents. Happy Halloween! Jen, Adam, Hudson & Zoe