Wednesday, December 15, 2010

All I want for Christmas...

From the very first time Alex was asked what she wanted for Christmas (and I am finding out that kids are asked constantly) she had one answer, and one answer only... cheese.

What do you want for Christmas?
Cheese.
What is Santa going to bring you?
Cheese.
What is on your wish list?
Cheese.

A few weeks ago her grandmother was asking the same thing... and got the same answer. My mom responded incredulously, "That's it? Cheese? Don't you want a baby doll, or a teddy bear, or a truck?". Then, and for the next week, she had a new response.

What do you want for Christmas?
Cheese. And a truck.
What is Santa going to bring you?
Cheese. And a truck.
What is on your wish list?
Cheese. And a truck.

Then her friend Bobbo, as a thank you for a gift Alex had given him, gave her a bundle of her favorite Babybel cheese. She was geek. Then, since, and to this day she has a new response.

What do you want for Christmas?
Bobbo already gave me cheese... so just a truck.
What is Santa going to bring you?
Bobbo already gave me cheese... so just a truck.
What is on your wish list?
Bobbo already gave me cheese... so just a truck.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Cheese is delicious. I wouldn't complain if someone gave me cheese. But what I like best is that she remembers these things and repeats them.

Anonymous said...

Let's try not to materialize her. Trucks is good.