Saturday, September 4, 2010

Switzerland...

We have been planning and looking forward to our trip to Switzerland for the better part of this year. We are going , along with Robin & Bob, to visit our friends David & Jennie just outside of Zug and climb mountains and eat chocolate. But first we have to get there...




Alex had an annoying cough for the last week or so. No fever. No sick. Just cough. But we decided to take her to see the doctor just for piece of mind (certain that the doc would roll her eyes at us). Here is what the doc told me after listening to her chest, "She has Bronchitis. I guess, technically it's Pnemonia, but I don't want to freak you out so I'm calling it Bronchitis." Amazing. But she also said that the little one would be fine and was okay to travel... good deal.



The flight was scheduled for Thursday evening... we thought alot about what we needed to take. Especially for Alex, to keep her occupied. What we didn't think about until Wednesday night, was where our Passports were. We were up most of the night looking for them, and then scheduling an appointment in Detroit for the morning of our flight to beg for new ones. It was a long night. And then, as we were getting dressed to go do the impossible, Michele found them... in Alex's dresser... in a bag full of Crayons. Of course.

The flights were uneventful, but not restful. But we made it. We ate, and napped, and walked up the hill (hill = holy cow this is steep), and ate, and drank , and went to bed. What a pleasant, beautful place.
Then, of course, I awoke in the middle of the night with a raging, shaking, miserable fever. Par for the course. So, on our first full day of vacation, everybody else went up hiking on a mountain while I stayed in bed. It can only get better though, right?

More to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope you recover quickly and get to participate in the merriment.

Take care and enjoy your vacation. Thanks for posting for us.

Amy said...

I am not anonymous it was me Amy

Unknown said...

We are so glad you made it there safely. We hope Wes jumps back to normal. We are thinking of you all. Have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Wes, look at it this way. You can finally rest when you are sick. First time I am sure in a long time and then you get to post for all of us who wait for your posted for abate breath. I am still gravely ill. High fever for an old woman and high as a kite on my medicine. I am so happy you are all together in such a beautiful place. They say chocolate is great for fever.Maxwell tells me if you need money he can give you and bat some to buy more chocolate