Monday, May 17, 2010

I may have created a monster...

This morning Michele took Alex to daycare. They had a conversation that Alex and I have almost everyday... but it concerned Michele a bit.

Alex told her that she was going to play, and then take a nap, and then Papa would pick her up, and then she would have a snack, and then we would walk down and watch the construction. For some reason Michele doesn't think it's healthy for a two year old to plan out her entire day in her head... heck, she doesn't think it's normal that I do it.

Maybe it isn't normal, or even preferred. But who doesn't want to have a plan? Who doesn't want to be prepared? Isn't it possible that it will give her just a little bit more confidence?

Maybe she'll be the perfect combination of retentive (me) and free spirit (Michele).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AS long as she does not get discombobulated when the plans do not work out just like......

Anonymous said...

AS long as she does not become discombobulated when the plans do not work out like.....

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

Planning our day it what gets Megan to calm down at bedtime. So her day is planned the night before. I think planning is a good test for their memory, but now after reading your worries, now I'm worried. But Alex is amazing s I guess I won't worry too much.

Harini said...

I may need some lessons from Alex on how to organize my day!!

Amy said...

I think she is already a perfect combination of both parents.

I am quite impressed that she plans her day out. The world would be a little better if more people planned.