Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sleep tight...

Two nights ago I didn't get much sleep*. Alex got me up six separate times. She had to pee, she was thirsty, she tottered in to our room carrying a blanket and Mr. Dinosaur Head. But the big one, the one that lasted a while was weird. She was crying, wailing really, and pointing at her bed. "It's there Papa... it's there, get it!"... and I was lost. It was dark and I was recently roused from little slumber. After some soothing and some discussion, it ended up just being the cartoon frogs and ducks on her sheets freaking her out. Long night.

The night before last I didn't get much sleep. Alex got Michele and I up six separate times**. She was thirsty, she was singing, she fell out of bed. But the big one, the one that lasted a while was weird. She was screaming that she needed her other Mr. Dinosaur Head. "Mr. Dinosaur Head is right there honey." But she knew that... she was looking for the other Mr. Dinosaur Head. "There is only one Mr. Dinosaur Head honey." She didn't buy it. Long Night.

Last night Michele and I were talking. She asked me why I was so tired and/or grumpy. I told her I was tired and hadn't gotten much sleep the last two night because the monkey kept waking me up. Alex walked over, touched my knee, and said, "I won't wake you up tonight Papa." And she didn't. And I slept as well as I am capable.

She's the best.

* Michele was sicker than sick!
** Michel was only sick.

2 comments:

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

Isn't it odd, sweet, interesting what 2 year olds are capable of, saying she wouldn't wake you up and didn't. Megan did something like that the other day. Kids can be pretty smart sometimes (but for our kids they are smart all the time!)

Michelle Hutchinson said...

oh no! that sounds like Elliot at 4 weeks. I thought it got better ;)