Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ponies Papa...

This morning Michele had already left for work when Alex decided that she REALLY wanted "ponies"... that is pigtails. I have avoided this task so far, because my big fat fingers and lack of experience make it all but impossible. But, she really wanted them and we had time to kill, so I tried...

The first attempt, in addition to pulling out a bunch of her hair, was bad enough that I took it out. I then decided that it would be quicker and easier to just give her a ponytail in the back and call it a day. The result was somewhere between Kelly Kapowski with bedhead and the chick from Napoleon Dynamite... cocked to one side, frizzed out and lumpy. She loved it. She looked in the mirror and said, "I'm likin' it Papa!", and wouldn't let me take it out.

When we got to Tutor Time I pleaded with the teacher to please fix it so that Alex wasn't laughed at and summarily refused entrance to forthcoming reindeer games. I also asked her not to make fun of me. She promised to redo the do, and then made fun of me. One out of two ain't bad.

4 comments:

Harini said...

you should have taken a picture!

Wes said...

Pictures were not allowed... I have tortured both of us enough without making a permanent record.

Michelle Hutchinson said...

ha ha, yes I say a picture was needed too. I remember my Dad taking me barefooted to picway shoes on the way to day care one morning because he couldn't find my shoes. Papa's are the best. I think Alex prefers ponies made with love from Papa over a fancy updo anyday.

Amy said...

lOVED THIS ENTRY - AND IT MADE ME THINK -It is so sad when a wonderful piece of writing that provides such joy starts the slow demise I have seen in this lovely blog. Little by little the gaps get bigger and bigger and my favorite entertainment disappears. Now I know this is a little self-centered buy I don't care. PLEASE GIVE ME MORE ALEXANDRA INFOR AND ENTERTAINMENT