Friday, March 18, 2011

Comparisons aren't always odious...

Alex is a fickle beast. She knows what she likes... and then she likes for a long time.

A few weeks ago she came home from a trip to the mall and was very excited. Her friend Amy had bought her some new shoes. Michele and Robin snickered off to the side, and I knew something was amiss. The box was opened, and the zebras presented...

Now, don't get me wrong, I consider myself a fan of fancy. I can get behind a three year old having a fun wardrobe. But, at the same time, I am practical and err on the side of "too dressy" at every turn. I was not a fan of the zebras. I hated the zebras. I plotted a life of solitude in the closet for the zebras. I schemed.

Then, a week later, something happened. The shoes that Tia Robin had purchased her on the same day arrived.

And that's when I realized that the zebras weren't so bad. In fact, they were pretty cute. And she has worn them almost every day since.

And that's okay, because the fish shoes are high up in the closet...

3 comments:

amy said...

I have to say that Alexandra looks quite nice in the zebra shoes. The other shoes will be good beach shoes and protect her little toes in the water.

Cheryl said...

Those zebra shoes are great! And the second ones are ridiculous. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.

carmen zoraida said...

Ro and I took her to the Animal pet farm and the lady that gave us a ride wanted to buy herself a pair of those cool shoes! Well done Amy!