Thursday, February 5, 2009

Diet update

Well it has been a month since our "lifestyle change". The results are pretty good so far. Wes is down like 15lbs and I am down 10lbs. Wes has a schedule for working out and I am struggling to find time. Wes does great with schedules and I want to never be on a schedule. Maybe that is why he is having more success than I am. Robin and Bob are showing improvement but currently I do not know the specifics regarding their success.

I continue to struggle with fatigue. I called the doctor this week because I am going to bed at like 9pm. It is an issue when I am going to bed before Wes!!! The doctor said it is normal to still be tired and that it could last another 6-8 months. I have no patience for it! I just want to be back to my "old" self. My old weight, my old energy level. I do like my short hair though...it is a breeze being a mom and having this do.

So that is what is going on with Alex's parents- work stress, fatigue and restricted diet. I think we need a vacation!!!

3 comments:

carmen zoraida said...

According to Dr. Oz, men loose weight much faster than women so that is that. About tiredness, most women with young babies are always fighting fatigue and they have not had cancer nor heart anomalies. It is frustrating to take so long especially since you can be hard on yourself, but some of us are still trying to recuperate from having had babies 28 years ago....and you are a difficult act to follow.

Anonymous said...

I am always tired in the winter. I think it's because there's no sun. And it's dry. I don't know why. I could speculate a lot.

Anonymous said...

Good job to you both! And Michele, you are quickly on your way to being "your old self", so don't worry!